Last updated January 17, 2021
- Modification of Services; Downtime
- Privacy and Security
- Prohibited Uses
- Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- Contact Us
The Website includes all downloadable applications, features, functionality, content or information that is made available or provided or accessible on the Website. The content on the Website may include content and data that are owned by third parties including any local rent bank that provides the Services and may have access to your information for the purposes of the Services (“Third Party Content”). All content and data made available by BCRB through the Website, including any Third Party Content, (the “BCRB Content”) is owned solely and exclusively by BCRB and/or such third parties.
2. Modification of Services; Downtime
The BCRB reserves the right to change, eliminate or interrupt any of the Services without notice and for any reason whatsoever. The Services may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. We assume no responsibility for any error, inaccuracy, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any communications between you and the BCRB through the Services as a result of or in connection with any such change, elimination of service or interruption of access to the Services. Except to the extent prohibited by law, you agree that the BCRB has no liability of any kind or any nature whatsoever to you solely by reason of any change, modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
3. Privacy and Security
In order to protect your own security, you must access and use the Website using commercially available browser software (such as a current version of Safari™ or Internet Explorer™) that provides 128-bit encryption and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology. Once you have initiated a session in connection with the Website, you must not leave the computer from which you have accessed the Website unless and until you have terminated the session and logged off the Website. When you complete a session, you are responsible for clearing your browser’s cache or temporary internet files to ensure your personal information is not accessible to others.
E-mail is not secure or confidential unless properly encrypted. The BCRB discourages the use of e-mail to send personal or financial information to us. Persons that use e-mail for those purposes do so at their own risk, and we will not be responsible or liable to you or any other person for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your use of e-mail to communicate with us, or the use of e-mail by us to communicate with you or other persons at your request. For more information, please read our Privacy Statement.
5. Prohibited Uses
You agree to use the Services only for purposes described in our Privacy Statement. You agree, and confirm, that your use of the Services is in full compliance with the laws of British Columbia and that you have obtained all necessary consents and approvals required or reasonably necessary. You shall not:
- access (or try to access) and use the Services through any automated means, including, but not limited to, scrapers, scripts, robots, or web crawlers;
- submit false or misleading information via the Services;
- use or attempt to use another user’s account; or
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your personal information, or your affiliations with any person or entity.
- publish, publicly perform or display, or communicate to the public or otherwise distribute to any third party any of the BCRB Content;
- market, sell, re-sell or make commercial use of the any BCRB Content;
- systematically collect from the Website and use any BCRB Content, including the use of any data mining, robots, scraping, or similar data gathering and extraction methods;
- make derivative uses of the Website or the BCRB Content;
- upload or publish any User Content containing inappropriate, defamatory or unlawful content;
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or reduce the \ Website to human perceivable form;
- disable any features of the Website;
- “frame” the Website or the BCRB Content or any portion thereof or otherwise cause the Website or the BCRB Content or its contents to appear to be provided by anyone except BCRB;
- introduce into the Website or the BCRB Content any virus or other code or routine intended to disrupt or damage the Website or the BCRB Content, or alter, damage or delete any the Website or the BCRB Content, or retrieve or record information about the Website or the BCRB Content or its users;
- merge the Website with another program or create derivative works based on the Website or the BCRB Content;
- remove, obscure, or alter any notice of the copyright or other proprietary legends on the Website or the BCRB Content;
- sublicense, assign, translate, rent, lease, lend, resell for profit, distribute or otherwise assign or transfer the Website or the BCRB Content or access to the Website or the BCRB Content to others;
- use, or allow the use of, the Website or the BCRB Content in contravention of any applicable law, rules or regulations of regulatory or administrative organizations; or
- otherwise act in a fraudulent, illegal, malicious or negligent manner when using the Website or the BCRB Content.
If you do any of the above, the BCRB may suspend or terminate your access to the Services, without written notice to you. The BCRB reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access for any other reason, or no reason whatsoever.
7. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
The Services are provide by the BCRB on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The BCRB may make changes or improvements to the BCRB Content and the functionality of the Website at any time, without prior notice to you. The BCRB does not warrant that the Services or the BCRB Content will be available at any particular time or location or that the Website is free of viruses or other harmful components. The BCRB makes no representations about the technical accuracy, reliability or functionality of the Services or the BCRB Content, or that the BCRB Content is error-free or up to date. The BCRB makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty that the Website or the Services are fit for a particular purpose, or any warranty as to title or that your use of the BCRB content will not infringe on the rights of others and assumes no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions in such BCRB Content. You expressly agree that your use of the Services is at your sole risk. You, and not BCRB, assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction in the event of any loss or damage arising out of your use of the Services or the BCRB Content. In no event shall the BCRB, its directors, offices, employees, agents or representatives be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data, income or profits, whether or not the BCRB has been advised of the possibility of damages, arising out of or in connection with access to, use or performance of the Services, failure of the Services to operate, or any content or other information provided in connection with the Services. Your acceptance of this limitation of liability is an essential term of this agreement and you acknowledge that the BCRB would not grant access to the Services without your agreement to this section. By accessing the Website, you understand that you may be waiving rights with respect to claims that are at this time unknown or unsuspected.
All product, brand and BCRB names and logos and trade-marks displayed on the Website or used in connection with the Services are the trade-marks of the BCRB (or its suppliers, partner businesses or third party licensors including rent banks in BC). Any use of any of the marks appearing on the Website or in connection with the Services without the express written consent of the BCRB or the owner of the mark, as appropriate, is strictly prohibited.
12. Contact Us
If you wish to contact us, you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com or writing us at:
Vancity Community Foundation
312 Main St #409, Vancouver, BC V6A 2T2
Attention: Privacy Office