Find a Rent Bank
A rent bank provides repayable loans to households who are late in paying rent or behind in paying essential utilities. A loan can also help people with their first month’s rent, and security or pet deposit . Loans are interest free and are repayable over six (6) to 24 months.
To be considered for a loan, you must meet the following criteria:
- 19+ years of age
- Resident or moving into the area where the service is provided
- No more than two months owing in rent or utilities
- Capacity to repay the loan
- Demonstration that the household is low income
Minimum documents that will be required as part of your application:
- Your tenancy agreement
- Three months of recent bank statements
- Two (2) pieces of identification (ID), including one piece of photo ID
To begin the process, please click on the link of the city where you live.
I live in:
If you want to talk to someone about a rent bank loan, contact your local rent bank using the information below.
If you do not qualify for a rent bank loan or your city is not listed, please visit the BC Housing’s website for more information on other rental assistance options that may be available to you.
Fraser Valley – MCC British Columbia
Richmond – CHIMO Community Services
New Westminster, Burnaby, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows