Rent Bank Loan Criteria
CRITERIA TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A RENT BANK LOAN
To be considered for a loan, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 19+ years of age
- Be a current resident of B.C. or be moving to B.C.
- Live or be moving to the community serviced by the local rent bank
- Demonstrate that the financial assistance will stabilize your housing beyond the immediate crisis
- Have the capacity to repay the interest-free loan (regular source of verifiable income)
- Verify that the household is low-to-moderate income
- Experience a temporary or unexpected crisis (ongoing monthly supplements are not needed)
Minimum documents that will be required as part of your application:
- Your tenancy agreement
- Three months of recent bank statements
- Two pieces of identification (ID), including one piece of photo ID
If you meet this criteria, apply online. You must live or be moving to the community serviced by the local rent bank (e.g.) If you live in Burnaby, you must apply to the rent bank that services Burnaby.
If you are directly impacted by COVID-19, there are non-repayable grants available in select rent bank locations.
If you have more questions and want to talk to someone, contact your local rent bank.
For more information on other rental assistance options that may be available to you, please visit BC Housing’s website and call BC 2-1-1.
Rent banks are more than lenders; they are housing stability and homelessness prevention resources.