BC Rent Bank Project Manager | Contract Position
Deadline: September 28th 2020
BC Rent Bank (BCRB) is a project of Vancity Community Foundation and funded by the Province of BC. The mandate of BCRB is to support the funding of existing rent banks, to provide support and seed funding for the establishment of new rent banks in BC, and to create the infrastructure necessary to support a potential future province-wide rent bank system or service.
A rent bank is a short-term or temporary homelessness prevention tool that helps to provide housing stability for low- to moderate-income renters who are unable to pay rent or utilities due to episodes or emergencies that compromise their ability to pay. Rent banks complement these loans with access to other information and supports – including financial advice, mediations between renters and landlords, or access to other supports and services - to help stabilize their housing in the future.
For more information on BC Rent Bank, see our website: www.bcrentbank.ca
We are seeking a Project Manager to provide effective management and oversight of day to day operations. You work directly with the Project Lead in ensuring that project targets and objectives are being met in a timely and effective manner. You will be responsible to work with a network of existing rent banks and assist in the onboarding of new rent banks in the province. You are an experienced Project Manager with a collaborative, results-oriented approach. You have strong organizational skills and you excel at building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders. You thrive in an innovative work environment where learning and growing is part of the norm.
- Overseeing the planning, monitoring and evaluation of project deliverables
- Working with existing rent bank partners and onboard new rent bank partners:
- Manage the administration of the BCRB project funding cycle
- Ensure compliance with BCRB project reporting requirements
- Coordinate guest speakers and professional development opportunities
- Disseminate information across the rent bank network that strengthens the work of the collective
- Develop and distribute resources needed to support rent banks
- Oversee the mentorship component of BCRB
- Maintain regular and consistent communication with BCRB rent bank partners
- Working with the BC Rent Bank Project Lead
- Assist with project reporting as requested
- Assist in implementing a communications strategy for BCRB including all delivery media (web, e-newsletter, social media, etc.); update necessary marketing pieces, and assist in web and social media content and dissemination
- Assist in developing systems that serve the development of the larger provincial rent bank model
- Undertake research, scoping, options analysis and implementation of a shared e-document storage/ management / communication system
- Working with the general public to respond to inquires and provide information about access to rent bank services in BC
- Additional duties as required and necessary to advance the work and purposes of BC Rent Bank
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Five or more years project management experience in non-profit organizations
- Post Secondary Education in a related field, such as community development or a social services degree
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, project development and task facilitation
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft programs and web based online platforms.
- People leadership skills to provide trusted guidance and project development
- Commitment to inclusive cross-cultural practices
- Demonstrated experience and sensitivity in stewarding existing partnerships and developing new relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be a good listener, and possess excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
Other Key Points
- This is a contract position; benefits accorded to regular employees of Vancity Community Foundation will not be available
- 6 months contract to begin with the possibility of extension
- 15 – 22 hours/weekly; some flexibility in work times and dates
- Compensation is $55/hr.
We commit to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace and to working with people and communities to help them thrive and prosper. Diversity is integral to this commitment. Our diversity allows us to fully understand, connect to, and respond to the needs of our members and communities.
To apply for this position, please submit a covering letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday, September 28, 2020. We appreciate your interest in this position but only those shortlisted will be contacted.